The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS)
By submitting information, application or materials, you agree, on behalf of yourself, your directors, officers, employees, affiliates, licensors, successors, assigns and any person (s) associated with your information or submission materials, to the following terms and conditions:
- Once received by CARAS, any information, application, entry fees, academy delegate fees and/or submission materials will become the property of CARAS and will not be refundable or returnable in any circumstances. If paying your academy delegate fee or entry fee by cheque, you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover your cheque. If your cheque is returned for insufficient funds, your academy delegate application or submission will be deemed to be incomplete and you will be responsible to CARAS for any bank penalties or fees imposed on CARAS. CARAS will not return any physical submitted product such as CDs/DVDs/Videos and press photos.
- CARAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of CARAS will have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an incomplete application or submission.
- Academy delegate applications must qualify for acceptance based on the criteria outlined in the academy delegate section of CARAS.
- By sending in any application or submission, you acknowledge that you have the authority to send us such application or submission and to agree to these Terms and Conditions. You grant to CARAS a no-charge, non-exclusive license to use a submission, and to permit the download and/or stream of the submission, by CARAS and users authorized by CARAS (including judges and members, third parties acting on behalf of CARAS to administer or operate the judging process, and Yangaroo Inc. for the purposes of providing the DMDS service), for the purposes of reviewing and judging your submission as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- All processes relating to applications and submissions will be reviewed from time to time and are subject to change at any time at the discretion of CARAS Board of Directors.
- You acknowledge that as part of your application or submission you will provide personally identifiable information relating to you and/or other individuals (“Personal Information”). You hereby acknowledge that CARAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of CARAS may collect, use and disclose to third parties such Personal Information for the purpose of: (i) evaluating and judging a submission, and administering the judging process; (ii) communicating with you regarding a submission and/or participation in CARAS related events and activities (including but not limited to the JUNO Awards and JUNO Week events, JUNO TV or other events and activities) ; (iii) publicizing the JUNO Awards and JUNO Awards nominees, and JUNO Week, JUNO TV or other CARAS related events or activities in which you have agreed to participate; and (iv) conducting the JUNO Awards related events and activities. You hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Information for such purposes. In the event that any Personal Information relates to any individual other than you, you hereby represent and warrant to CARAS that you have obtained the consent of any such individual so that you may grant the foregoing consent to CARAS on behalf of such individual.
- CARAS will not be responsible for any claims, liabilities or costs arising from: (i) lost, damaged, copied or stolen submission materials arising from any cause, including negligence of CARAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of CARAS; or (ii) any failure by CARAS and/or any third party acting on behalf of CARAS to give notices or to apply CARAS’s policies and procedures in a consistent manner. You hereby waive, and hereby release CARAS and all third parties acting on behalf of CARAS from, any and all claims you may have in connection with any of the foregoing.